(440) 247-0155 Office
(440) 247-7321 (Dispatch)

 9-1-1 for Emergency

Police Reports: Please contact the Bentleyville Police Department, Records Department regarding obtaining police reports. (440) 247-0155.

Police Records Request Form

Civilian Complaint Form
Complaint Form
2023- Year Statistics

2022 – Year Statistics

2021 -Year Statistics

Full-Time and Part-Time Application

The Village of Bentleyville is currently accepting applications for the position of Full-Time and Part-Time Police Officers. The successful candidate will be certified as having completed the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA).
Preference will be given to candidates who:
1. Possess a two-year degree from an accredited junior or community college.
2. Possess a four year degree from an accredited college or university.
3. Have prior police experience as a full or part-time police officer.

Please click the application link on the right to open the fillable application. Once complete, save it and email it to gbarone@villageofbentleyville.com.

Reverse 911

Chagrin Valley Dispatch  (440) 247-7321
The dispatcher will contact the duty officer for you. The duty officer will either return your call or come to your home.


Deer Hunting on private property within the Village of Bentleyville is prohibited, unless permit is obtained from the Police Department.



Bentleyville Village Hall/ Police Department
6253 Chagrin River Road
Bentleyville, Ohio  44022

Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Telephone: (440) 247-0155
Violations: (440) 247-0155
Fax:  (440) 247-2331
Chagrin Valley Dispatch: (440) 247-7321


We are currently utilizing the Ohio Department of Public Safety Electronic Traffic Crash Reporting System. To obtain copies of crash reports occurring in the Village of Bentleyville, please refer to the Ohio Department of Public Safety website at the link provided:




Village Traffic Code Codified Ordinance Section 452.01: “Prohibition Against Parking on Streets or Highways”.


Residents should be aware that if you own one of the above vehicles, you must ride them on your property, only. The only exception is if another property owner gives you permission to ride on their property. Vehicles are prohibited on land owned by the Metro Parks. Vehicles are not to be driven on public land or the right of ways. Violators will be cited and their vehicles impounded.


Although we live in one of the safest communities in the Chagrin Valley residents must still be on their guard and keep all doors locked. This should include vehicles and garage doors.


Traffic and Parking Citations may be waiverable through the Violations Bureau.  For information regarding your duty to appear or the amount of fines and costs, please contact the Violations Bureau directly.

If you are charged with offenses that the Violation Bureau has determined waiverable, you may within ten days (10) after the day you receive the ticket, plead guilty to the offense(s) charged and dispose of the case without court appearance by:


1. Appearing personally at the Bentleyville Police Department’s Violations Bureau, signing a waiver and paying the fines and costs: (Cash, in the exact amount is accepted) or

2. Signing the waiver on the back of the citation and mailing it and a certified check or money order for the total of the fines and costs to the Bentleyville Violations Bureau.

Make certified check or money order payable to Bentleyville Violations Bureau

Bedford Municipal Court
Chief Gabriel A. Barone Jr.
Email: gbarone@villageofbentleyville.com


From the Chief / FAQ

From the Chief of Police to the residents of Bentleyville.

Some Frequently Asked Questions

Contacting an on-duty police officer for non-emergencies:

Police officer can be reached 24/7 by contacting Chagrin Valley Dispatch (440) 247-7321. The dispatcher will contact the officer on duty to relay your message.

During regular business hours call (440) 247-0155, voicemail messages can be left beyond business hours.

To be fingerprinted:
Contact the Bentleyville Police Department during normal business hours at (440) 247-0155 for an appointment to have your fingerprints taken.
Fingerprinting is a free service provided for Bentleyville residents and Village employees.

I received a traffic ticket. How can I find out how much the fine is?
You can call the Bentleyville Police Department and they will tell you the amount of the fine. Fines vary depending upon the offense committed. The phone number is (440) 247-0155.

Where do I pay a traffic ticket?
At the Bentleyville Police Department at 6253 Chagrin River Road, Bentleyville, OH 44022 or online at: https://ohioticketpayments.com

I need to contact the Small Claims Court, where do I call?
Small Claims Court is located at the Bedford Municipal Court, which is located at 165 Center Road, Bedford, OH 44146. You can phone them at (440) 232-3420.

What time is curfew?
Children under the age of twelve years should not be on the streets or sidewalks during the period from darkness to dawn. Children between the ages of twelve years and sixteen years should not be on the streets or sidewalks between the hours of 11:00 pm and 6:00 am. Children between the ages of sixteen years and eighteen years should not be on the streets or sidewalks between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 am unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or some responsible person over the age of twenty-one years old.

I’m having a party and I need to hire an off-duty police officer to assist with traffic control, whom do I call?
You can call the Bentleyville Police Department at (440) 247-0155 and ask for Chief Gabe Barone.  If he is not available, you will be transferred to his voice mail, please leave a detailed message and your phone number and the Chief will return your call.

How do I go about obtaining a copy of a police report?
Call the Police Department during the hours listed above and ask if the report is complete. If it is, you can either stop at the Police Station to pick it up or mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Bentleyville Police Department, Attention Records Department at 6253 Chagrin River Road, Bentleyville, OH 44022 and we will mail you a copy.

Is there a fee to obtain a copy of a report?
Yes, it is five cents per page.

How do I request a copy of photos taken from an accident report?
Call the Records Department at (440) 247-0155. Give the Police Administrative Assistant the report number of the accident/incident and ask if any photos were taken. If photos were taken, you may request a copy of the photos. Copies of photographs are $6.00 per photograph.  Copies of photographs will be made and the assistant will contact you when ready for pick up.

In case of a general power outage at your residence, what should I do?

DO NOT call the Village Hall, Police Department, 911  or the Chagrin Valley Dispatch. The Village does not have any control over the time frame or the areas to be repaired first.

The Illuminating Company has an automated 888 number to call that will register the location you are calling from and will report your area as in need of repair. They will even give you an estimate of the time of repair.

Please keep this number by your phone for easy access (888) 544-4877.

If there are downed wires, damaged pole or transformer arcing wires, call Dispatch at (440) 247-7321 and give the location to the police dispatcher. Stay away from the area, police or fire department personnel will respond.


Chief Gabe Barone

Sgt. Tom Cutwright (Juvenile Diversion Officer)
Sgt. John Manson (Firearms Instructor)

Ptl. Brandon Cagwin
Ptl. Daniel Peacock
Ptl. Sarah Hoover (OC Instructor)
Det. Jennifer Morris
Det. Matt Farrar
Ptl. Bill Baraona
Ptl.Adam Lee
Ptl. Simon Montgomery
Ptl. Ken Halligan

Administrative Assistant
Jackie Papa