Streets & Safety Committee

May 11, 2009

Meeting Minutes

Present: John Bourisseau, Chief Pitts, Dale Berger, Doug Miller, Dave Maine, George Skipper

Meeting Called to order at 7:01 PM

1. Review of Police and Service hours.

We reviewed the monthly report of Police and Service hours. Hours are within Budget expectations.

2. Chiefs Report

The Chief reported that the they are seeking estimates to repair the guard rail on River Road. A private contractor will remove the posts and rail. They will be stored temporarily. Village personnel will fill and compact fill, the private contractor will replace posts and rail.

The County has given OK to paint rails on bridge. We discussed different options for completing this task.

Dale Berger reported that the service department was ordering a new hose for the leaf pick-up. This item is within the equipment budget.

Dale reported that the service department has disposed between 30 & 40 loads of brush from resident's homes.

3. Old Business

4. New Business

Resident Dave Maine of North Fork Development shared a concern that the development has for increased erosion to the hillside on the South side of Miles Road. Chief Pitts shared pictures that he had taken of the area. Mr. Skipper pointed out that the hillside has remained pretty stable and that any work in the area of the hillside should be undertaken with great caution—if at all. A number of questions were raised and forwarded on to the Village Engineer.

Resident Doug Miller asked if the No Turn on Red sign at the intersection of Solon and River Roads when going North was still necessary. There is no such sign at the intersection when traveling South.

Mr. Miller raised a number of questions regarding Holbrook Rd.

Given the increased traffic due to the Judson Development, he suggested the Village undertake a survey to determine the long term effects of the changed traffic patterns on the road and residents.

Mr. Miller asked that the Village seek to lower the speed limit to 25 mph as a means of traffic control. He has made this request before and wanted to know the status of his request.

Mr. Miller also pointed out that the road surface on Holbrook is rapidly deteriorating and asked if there are any plans for resurfacing or reconstruction. He asked that if work was being proposed that the culverts be lowered to help divert run-off and eliminate pooling of water.

Mr. Miller also remarked that he has seen an increase in littering as the traffic has increased.

Questions relating to these points were forwarded on to the Village Engineer for his input.

Meeting Adjourned 7:47


Streets & Safety Committee

May 11, 2009

Meeting Minutes

Present: John Bourisseau, Chief Pitts, Dale Berger, Doug Miller, Dave Maine, George Skipper

Meeting Called to order at 7:01 PM

1. Review of Police and Service hours.

We reviewed the monthly report of Police and Service hours. Hours are within Budget expectations.

2. Chiefs Report

The Chief reported that the they are seeking estimates to repair the guard rail on River Road. A private contractor will remove the posts and rail. They will be stored temporarily. Village personnel will fill and compact fill, the private contractor will replace posts and rail.

The County has given OK to paint rails on bridge. We discussed different options for completing this task.

Dale Berger reported that the service department was ordering a new hose for the leaf pick-up. This item is within the equipment budget.

Dale reported that the service department has disposed between 30 & 40 loads of brush from resident's homes.

3. Old Business

4. New Business

Resident Dave Maine of North Fork Development shared a concern that the development has for increased erosion to the hillside on the South side of Miles Road. Chief Pitts shared pictures that he had taken of the area. Mr. Skipper pointed out that the hillside has remained pretty stable and that any work in the area of the hillside should be undertaken with great caution—if at all. A number of questions were raised and forwarded on to the Village Engineer.

Resident Doug Miller asked if the No Turn on Red sign at the intersection of Solon and River Roads when going North was still necessary. There is no such sign at the intersection when traveling South.

Mr. Miller raised a number of questions regarding Holbrook Rd.

Given the increased traffic due to the Judson Development, he suggested the Village undertake a survey to determine the long term effects of the changed traffic patterns on the road and residents.

Mr. Miller asked that the Village seek to lower the speed limit to 25 mph as a means of traffic control. He has made this request before and wanted to know the status of his request.

Mr. Miller also pointed out that the road surface on Holbrook is rapidly deteriorating and asked if there are any plans for resurfacing or reconstruction. He asked that if work was being proposed that the culverts be lowered to help divert run-off and eliminate pooling of water.

Mr. Miller also remarked that he has seen an increase in littering as the traffic has increased.

Questions relating to these points were forwarded on to the Village Engineer for his input.

Meeting Adjourned 7:47

All rights reserved. © 1831 - 2017 Village of Bentleyville, Ohio, USA
6253 Chagrin River Road • 440-247-5055 • Fax (440) 247-3755
Bentleyville, OH 44022

Contact the Village Admin for additional information.

Our Privacy Policy

Website hosted and developed by Chagrin River Partners 
Maintentance by Village Administration